Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Breaking Moms Balance Reply To: Balance

• AngryArtichokeGirl

October 14, 2021 at 6:15 am

Pick a day & time to do a “you” thing sans children then stick to it has worked for me.

Monday nights after the youngest two are in bed, so around 8pm, are mine. It started as a hour video chat with my BFF (900 miles away) but since we both SAHM and schedules are weird the chat gets moved around more often than not. Sometimes that means I go to bed at 8:30 and catch up on sleep, sometimes that means I stay up until 3am binging TV and doing hobbies, occasionally I even leave the house for a while.

That specific time, regardless of what is scheduled or how I choose to spend it, is still mine.

I am not available to do jack shit unless it’s *my idea and I want to do it*.

Hubby knows that unless he or one of the offspring is currently – *literally* – having an actual stroke, on fire, or there’s a sudden traumatic injury with visible protruding bone or a 1500mL+ and growing pool of blood (why, yes-! he *can* accurately identify that specific amount or greater of bodily fluid loss. Long story. Lol) *I am NOT available to fix it*