Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Baby Bumps Feeling guilt over induction Reply To: Feeling guilt over induction

• cageygrading

November 2, 2021 at 4:34 am

I was induced! Like you, I didn’t have any plans for induction but it was based on my doctor’s recommendation – she didn’t want me going too far past my due date, and she said if I wait I might not be able to get one scheduled, so I went ahead and let her schedule it. It was not my plan at all and did rattle me a bit when she said it, but I turned to Reddit too and found many stories of induction that were totally fine.

I was induced on the night of my due date, baby was born the following evening. I wasn’t dilated really at all, but baby was nice and low and ready. The induction process itself was unpleasant, but other than that it went smoothly and I have a healthy, happy 1-year-old 🙂

Don’t feel bad or guilty at all, and don’t let anyone put that on you. I think that following your doctor’s recommendation (as long as you trust your doctor which I hope you do!) is the way to go.