Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Breaking Moms Daycare provider is super conservative…and we’re unsure how to handle it. Reply To: Daycare provider is super conservative…and we’re unsure how to handle it.

• ariaxwest

October 14, 2021 at 12:54 am

The thing that would concern me the most is the possibility of unsecured firearms in the home.

Secondly, playing cable news which is fear mongering and incendiary. Particularly Fox News, which is downright hateful.

I have many, many relatives who are extremely conservative and I grew up shooting guns and somehow surviving in conservative settings despite being a born bleeding heart rebel. Most of them are very kind people, some of the few people that I would actually trust with my child when she was little.

It’s completely possible to have guns in the home and be totally child safe, but not everyone is. My dad *always* had his guns locked in one safe and his ammunition in another safe when there were small children around (and most of the time regardless of small children).

I would definitely check that they have their guns secured safely. I would also ask that they not play cable news or talk radio when the children are around, because they are too young for that anger and drama.