Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Breaking Moms Daycare provider is super conservative…and we’re unsure how to handle it. Reply To: Daycare provider is super conservative…and we’re unsure how to handle it.

• girl012687

October 14, 2021 at 12:52 am

So I think the sanity check is just taking her at *her* words and behavior, not the behavior of “Trumpers” or whatever in general. People are varied and multi-faceted creatures that can be good and bad in varying measures.

One of the most traditional, conservative (politically and personally), churchiest ladies I know is front and center at Pride every year for her son, who in a few months will have a husband. She doesn’t support abortion, she voted for Trump, but go ahead and fight her on gay marriage and a few other issues that make me go “huh” (like Medicare for all, which she supports).

As long as this lady’s not like, providing small arms training to your toddler, or trying to bring him to religion as he gets old enough to understand, or anything like that, I’d just roll with this. If she’s not crossing any lines with your kid or with you, she’s entitled to her beliefs, even if you find them icky, as long as they don’t render her care somehow sub-par.

It also doesn’t sound like you have a ton of options. Look at it this way, at least she’s not stealth about it. You know where she stands. The devil you know…