Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Beyond The Bump I don’t know how I can continue doing this working mom thing. Reply To: I don’t know how I can continue doing this working mom thing.

• daisyinlove

October 21, 2021 at 9:41 pm

Hiring freeze for you but what about your husband? Have him look for new positions and a raise.

If I were in your position and my debt kept accumulating every month I would consider selling the house and moving into an apartment. Pay off whatever debt you can from the sale of the home.

Also, haven’t seen it mentioned but go speak to a bankruptcy lawyer. Might be worth your time seeing if that would help your situation. Something has to change, things will not get better from here unless you act.

You’ve stated you don’t qualify for government assistance, have you applied? The thresholds for a family of four is different than a family of two. Submit an application, I wouldn’t be surprised if you do actually qualify. WIC pays for formula if you’re FF.

Are you using cloth diapers? I can imagine it sounds daunting on top of all of the other things you have to do, but you don’t have to use cloth diapers full-time. It’s not all or nothing. Ask on your local Buy Nothing group for them. I’ve given away lots of mine to different families. The goal would be to cut down on your diapering costs and make life easier for you there. I’ve read that the costs of diapers has doubled since the start of the pandemic. It’s honestly just a load of laundry but it would really help lower your total costs.

If you don’t have family or friends you can ask for help from right now, join your Buy Nothing group and tell them the situation. I’m an admin for mine and we have helped so many people time and time again. Your neighbors in that group believe in helping each other. Food, clothes, gifts of time. Tell them transparently what’s going on and they will show up for you. I wholeheartedly believe it’s the best group in the world.

Best of luck. I hope things get better for you.