Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Beyond The Bump “Just let the baby sleep with the lights on and don’t tip toe around her or she’ll only sleep when it’s dark and quiet.” Reply To: “Just let the baby sleep with the lights on and don’t tip toe around her or she’ll only sleep when it’s dark and quiet.”

• aelel

October 22, 2021 at 8:08 pm

I have the opposite issue! I have a husky who somehow makes everything he does exceptionally noisy, a cat who likes to chat at inopportune times, a husband who somehow slams every door he closes (not an anger thing, it’s like he doesn’t know his own strength when it comes to doors) and a baby who sleeps through all of it.

My mom thinks I should put the dog outside, the cat in the basement, and turn on a white noise machine for my baby “so he can get some real rest”

But here’s the thing: this is our house, these are the sounds of our house. I’m glad he can relax enough to sleep with everything going on around him.

If your house is naturally quiet, why add noise? Let your baby chill in the comfort of knowing they’re home.