Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Baby Bumps Should I change laundry detergent ASAP? Reply To: Should I change laundry detergent ASAP?

• theowlmama

October 25, 2021 at 12:55 am

Hi there, I had the same concerns about pthalates and other chemicals in cleaning/personal care products. I actually never thought to change my laundry detergent, but I did switch all of my makeup, body wash, face wash, deodorant and shampoo to more natural/chemical free products before we even started trying to conceive. I’m 37 weeks preggo now and baby is completely healthy so far! Of course things can be brought to light outside the womb and during development, but making those choices to switch my products did make me feel better and worry less during pregnancy. If you’re going to worry about it, make the switch for peace of mind. It may be a waste of money up front, but is a $15 detergent worth several months of you wondering if you made the right choice? Those are just my opinions about this subject. I see others have suggested reaching out to mother to baby, staying off Google and buying books to be educated, all of which I agree with as well, but based on research I’ve done, I do believe the chemicals in our products can be harmful and if you’re someone who’s going to worry about it, there’s no harm in switching.