Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Baby Bumps I wish I had been less selective about baby clothes Reply To: I wish I had been less selective about baby clothes

• thenopealope

October 24, 2021 at 5:16 am

Solidarity!

Everyone raves about zippers but we loved snaps even for our chunky non-NICU baby *as long as the snaps go down both legs*. Being able to open up the entire bottom half for diaper changes is highly underrated. I don’t find them any more frustrating than trying to jam a fat leg in and out of the non-zipper side. Start the leg snaps at the bottom and work up each side and you usually meet in the middle just fine. It’s not that big of a deal. Some brands even use a different colored snap for the centre crotch one so you have a landmark.

Single-leg snaps OTOH can die in a fire. I don’t know who they’re for.

Double-ended zippers were pointless because we had to unzip the whole sleeper anyway.

I put a shirt on my kid once and then banned anything that went over the head until she could sit up on her own. No separate pants until she could stand. One-piece full-snap outfits only in this house!

They don’t need anything besides PJs for months and Carter’s makes lots of cute one-piece rompers with full snaps down the front and bottom for summer and days you want it to look like real clothes.