Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Trying For A Bub 1yr ttc 27F – called my doctor finally Reply To: 1yr ttc 27F – called my doctor finally

• jnicole2687

October 23, 2021 at 9:51 am

Wait times can be killer. I’ve been experiencing it too. I stopped birth control September 2020 & never got a period, meaning I wasn’t ovulating, also meaning there was a 0% chance to conceive. We’ve been trying to conceive but nothing has happened. Luckily, I went to my GP early on & she did some basic testing. At the 6 month mark, she referred me to an OBGYN. It took me 5 months to see the OB. In the mean time while I waited, I asked what we can do & she sent me for all the bloodwork, went for an ultrasound & did progesterone challenges to induce a period. Basically, my GP said we can do all these tests now so that the OB will have a lot of the pieces to the puzzle by the time I got into see the OB because they would’ve sent me for these tests anyway.

Long story short, when you get an appt with your GP next, ask to do bloodwork & get an ultrasound. Any test that you can do now while you wait for your OB appt will likely cut down the wait time in the future.