Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Trying For A Bub 1yr ttc 27F – called my doctor finally Reply To: 1yr ttc 27F – called my doctor finally

• kyamh

October 21, 2021 at 8:43 pm

The wait is terrible, I’m sorry.

See if your partner can get in to see a PCP and get a semen analysis. My husband was able to get in very quickly, got tested the following week, and is now going to follow up with his urologist because the results were quite poor. All of this is happening while I’m sitting around and waiting for my first RE appointment in December.

In general, male factor infertility is much more common than we assume and there is a tendency to “blame” the woman first. The reality is that a semen analysis is cheap, fast, and non-invasive. Our insurance covered it without an infertility diagnosis. I don’t see any reason to wait.

Edit: also, consider switching health systems. I work for a major hospital and we have typically gotten all our medical care here. In order to get my husband in to see a urologist, we were going to have to wait 3 months. We called a nearby private hospital and they were able to get him in within 1 week. Unfortunately, my insurance only covers infertility benefits in my major hospital system, but we can get his diagnosis figured out and worked up fully at the private clinic (which takes our insurance).