Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Trying For A Bub Doubts about becoming a parent Reply To: Doubts about becoming a parent

• TFA_Gamecock

October 22, 2021 at 12:12 am

For me, I felt pretty ambivalent for most of my adult life. I was excited to be PREGNANT but had a hard time imagining what it would be like to actually have a child and how that could possibly be enjoyable when I don’t even like friends or family coming over to my house and a child is a permanent housemate.

For me, what sealed the deal that I really wanted a baby was taking on a training and supervisory position at work. I was training people in new procedures, and on new instruments, and I loved the process so much and felt such pride in their accomplishments. It kind of hit me that, ok, if its this good to teach a 34 year old coworker how to bottle lotion, how cool will it be to teach a baby how to person?

That was the thing that pushed me over the edge, and I 100% know it was the right decision for me.

If you’re on the fence, you owe it to yourself and your partner to be honest about that and to see if there is any possibility of you two getting on the same page.