Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Baby Bumps Weddings close to due date Reply To: Weddings close to due date

• barnacles07

October 24, 2021 at 8:21 pm

Your sister’s is a definite no, even if baby seems like he / she is going to be a few days late. You don’t want something to come up while you’re gone and not have the care team that’s been with you your whole pregnancy. Your friend’s is a maybe, leaning no, depending on whether the baby is early (like… three weeks, minimum?) + healthy.

Postpartum mothers are extremely vulnerable to illness and complications for the first 5-6 weeks after childbirth. Not to mention babies aren’t supposed to be in their car seats more than 15-20 minutes at a time until they’re 2 or 3 months old, so it’s not going to be safe to travel to a hotel to stay for the wedding with the baby. Additionally, by 5 weeks pp (if baby is full term and arrives on his / her due date), baby is nursing every 2 or 3 hours during the day (would you go back to the hotel? Or find somewhere to pump? How would you store your milk if you pumped?)

Personally, I felt ok at 5 weeks pp but would still have increased bleeding / spotting, fatigue, and other issues if I pushed too hard and wasn’t resting enough. I had a completely uncomplicated vaginal delivery with a small tear, and still wasn’t cleared for activity, etc, until 9 weeks postpartum instead of 6.