Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Breaking Moms Update after SO said he’s not attracted to me anymore… Reply To: Update after SO said he’s not attracted to me anymore…

• brontojem

October 20, 2021 at 8:33 pm

I am a fat woman. Here are a few things I have tried with family: when they start talking about my weight in a harsh way, I reply “Why do you think it’s okay to say that to me? Who else would you say something like that to?” Then name their friends, co-workers, etc. Sometimes they really need it shown to them how inappropriate they are being. Our gauges tend to be off around family.

Second, my grandma mentioned something about me being fat so I said “Okay, let’s say I get skinny, then what will you complain about? What will my problem be then? If you don’t like me how I am, you are never going to like me.” She has never mentioned my weight again, which is amazing.

These things are hard to say, and I have really only done it when I am about to snap, but my family has attacked me about weight my entire life. I am so much more than weight! It’s crazy how that is all they see.