Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Baby Bumps Emotionally draining mother Reply To: Emotionally draining mother

• TinyTulo

October 24, 2021 at 10:52 pm

Oh my goodness I completely understand, I have a complicated relationship with my mother as well. After my c-section she was blowing up my phone about what she is going through with her on again off again 3rd husband and how my dad and my dads family treated her (I was raised by my dad, he got custody of us after the divorce) and the whole time I’m trying to be sympathetic but I had just gotten home from having my baby; I was physically and emotionally exhausted already!

My older sister has already gone no contact with her but I can’t bring myself to do it. A lot of people on here are so quick to just cut someone off over smaller slights but it’s not that easy. I feel guilty even though I shouldn’t. She helped us get a crib and tries to be there but she can be a mess in her own life, so I just keep it civil at this point. I send her pictures and updates, but I don’t over extend myself. It’s so hard. She’s still my mom, but now that I am a mom myself I see things a lot differently.

I have no advice, just solidarity ❤️