Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Breaking Moms What do you wish you know before having a child? Reply To: What do you wish you know before having a child?

• lIllIllIllIllIllIll

October 22, 2021 at 1:28 am

I wish I had known how hurtful sanctimommies would be and how almost all moms I know in personal life are to some degree sanctimommies.

The sh*t I got for not BFing 100% and having had a C-section, ah man. Also the hate and misinformation regarding Dr.’s orders. No, my child doesn’t get traumatized by sleeping in his own bed, bed sharing is not safe, I will only put actual medicine into my baby and do actual physio and not go to the chiropractor and give homeopathy.

Also I wish I had known how unscientific many midwives are in my country. Guess what, the midwife doing the pelvic floor/birth recovery class (which she is qualified to) is a whacko who doesn’t vaccinate! Wish I had known before I took my then 2 month old to this mother-child class.

I wish I hadn’t followed the advice to stay home alone with the baby for the first weeks and have no one over. I was so so lonely.