Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Breaking Moms What do you wish you know before having a child? Reply To: What do you wish you know before having a child?

• Efficient_Teacher_99

October 21, 2021 at 11:33 am

I wish I knew how hard it would be to get anything done. I don’t know if it’s just my kids, or maybe I’m too quick to give in, but literally anything I do, any movement I make, they follow me. Like, if I open the fridge, my almost 2 year old will stand in the fridge for a while. If I put something in the oven, my 3.5 year old will stare at it and want me to turn the oven light on so that she can watch it. If I try to wash some dishes, my kids will hear me at the sink and will come running over and hug my legs and ask what I’m doing, if they can help, if I can come and play with them instead. I tell them, no.. mommy’s busy right now and can play with you later.. but they are persistent and won’t leave me alone to work for more than a couple of minutes. Any and every task takes 10x longer than it normally would, and it’s such a struggle to complete the task while they’re awake.

I had this vision that my kids would play silently in the other room while I cooked wholesome, home cooked meals every day. It’s barely happened once since I brought my first home 3.5 years ago. Now I also have a 3 month old, so I’m wearing her for most of the day too.

It’s all so exhausting.