Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Breaking Moms Am I overreacting to a comment from my parents about my kid’s tablet use? Reply To: Am I overreacting to a comment from my parents about my kid’s tablet use?

• manicgentleparent

October 22, 2021 at 9:51 am

NOT AT ALL. your feelings are valid, your response was perfect, & i think silence might be the best response to your dad’s comment. Personally, I know my dad would reread his text later after getting no response & realize he might’ve really upset me. You sound like you’re doing an amazing job, & your daughter sounds like a joy. My 2 year old watches maybe 3-4 hours of TV per week & doesn’t have a tablet, but every once in a while, I let her take pictures with my phone for a bit too & it’s the cutest & sweetest to see things from her perspective. I would be BEYOND annoyed if i was in your situation & someone suggested that I was giving my child too much screen time when i know how DANG hard i work to limit it! You don’t need anyone else’s validation but I’m sure that doesn’t make it any easier to hear those comments. Try to remind yourself of the truth, that you love your daughter & you do have her best interest at heart!