Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Baby Bumps Pre baby projects! Reply To: Pre baby projects!

• TapiocaTeacup

October 25, 2021 at 11:32 am

I’m also an over-preparer and here’s what I’ve done so far at 33 weeks:

* Washed, sorted and put away all the baby clothes and cloth diapers
    * Sorted books and toys and put the non-age-appropriate ones in storage
    * Made a few DIY projects (nursery lampshade, wall decals, family photo collage, etc.)
    * Collected meal prep recipes (breakfasts, snacks, dinners, baked goods)
    * Finished outstanding household projects (hanging art, painting walls, fixing loose doorknobs and cabinet pulls, etc.)
    * Sorted my wardrobe based on seasonality and postpartum/nursing appropriateness
    * Made a reading list of postpartum and parenting books
    * Scouted out local baby groups and classes (swimming lessons, library storytime, social groups)
    * Made music playlists for labour and for baby lullabies
    * Bookmarked a few TV shows for the many hours of nursing (planning to watch Gilmore Girls for the first time)
    * Book/plan for/attend prep appointments and classes (pelvic floor physio, lactation consultant, infant first-aid, hospital prenatal class, etc.)

And here’s what’s still on my list:

* Make more DIY’s (a mobile to match the lampshade, photo props for those monthly growth photos)
    * Shop for and make all the freezer meal recipes (and eat more icecream to clear space in the freezer 😉)
    * Mount large furniture items on the wall for safety (like dressers and bookshelves)
    * Stock up on baby first-aid and postpartum recovery items (so big pharmacy run)
    * Install the carseat
    * Practice using all the gear (folding the stroller, attaching carseat to stroller, putting on baby-wearing wraps, etc.)
    * Make caddies to keep diaper supplies and breastfeeding supplies together to move around the house
    * Pack hospital bag for me, hubby and for baby
    * Organize diaper bag with everyday stuff