Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Baby Bumps Strollers, Carseats, Bassinets, Cribs Reply To: Strollers, Carseats, Bassinets, Cribs

• Shrimpy_McWaddles

October 25, 2021 at 3:03 am

Car seats all have to pass safety standards so as long as you buy new it should be safe. The cost can go up as you want features or specific styles. My first I got a travel system, a pretty basic Graco one for less than $200. My 3rd it was time to replace the car seat and got a cheap $80 Graco one that worked with the stroller from the first travel system. Convertible car seats I originally got a <$200 Graco one, but then when 3rd came around I switched to $200 diono because they were more narrow and took up less space

I got a bassinet secondhand but my babies never really liked them so they’ve either gone straight into the crib or cosleep. I definitely wouldn’t splurge too much because you won’t get a ton of use out of it. You could use get a pack n play with the top bassinet portion, which imo works almost as well and is more versatile. There are some benefits though to a stand alone bassinet, but you have to decide if it’s worth the extra cost.