Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Breaking Moms How do you maintain the never ending mess of having children? Reply To: How do you maintain the never ending mess of having children?

• irishtrashpanda

October 22, 2021 at 4:35 pm

I only have one so that’s a huge disclaimer, planning a second at the minute.

That said laundry went from once a week to sometimes twice a day. Dishes once a day to 3-4 times a day.

The main things I’ve done is

– relax my own standards. When you have small kids, just accept the sink will have dishes and the clothes will need doing, they may sit there for a day. That’s ok. If you’re home all the time with small kids your house will looked lived in because it is.

-i do a montessori shelf style with minimal toys/books out at once (which I rotate every couple weeks). Means that it takes 5 minutes to clean up the sitting room of toys, which I also don’t bother doing until she goes to bed.

– include the kid in the chores where possible. From about 13 months my kids been “helping” by carrying some laundry etc. They don’t actually need to help you, you just give them a meaningless task so that you can get work done while they’re awake, so when they sleep you can do enjoyable things