Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Baby Bumps When to have parents/in laws meet the baby? Reply To: When to have parents/in laws meet the baby?

• hyperbolicaholic

October 26, 2021 at 12:01 am

Everyone has already given excellent advice, so just chiming in with something else to consider whenever you decide to allow visitors.

Work out a signal or something with your husband for if you start getting overwhelmed or just want your baby back to hold yourself. I’m usually very confident and comfortable in saying what I need, but for some reason with all three of mine I’ve felt too emotional and exhausted to self advocate for fear of being seen as rude (which of course it is not, but that is something I think a lot of people struggle with). That way he could say, “oh, hyperbolicaholic, is a time for baby to eat? Well, thanks for coming, visitors…” or something and handle the social niceties part so I didn’t have to. That was advice we were given by a nurse for hospital visitors with our first and we’ve kept that as our rule for all kids now—husband is responsible for paying attention to how I’m doing and getting rid of visitors, no questions asked.