Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Breaking Moms He quit his new job Reply To: He quit his new job

• Clasi

October 22, 2021 at 2:07 pm

I was in your shoes. For years. I fought and begged with my husband. He didn’t want to work, he flunked out of school, and hated being a stay at home parent. I finally realized that I didn’t want to be his care taker. He was asking far too much of me, and it wasn’t fair. I took a long time to think about my wording, and then I told him that I was done with the set up. That he had to choose a path, and not whine about each of them. If he couldn’t do that, he was not cut out to be a father or husband and it was on him.

It was hard, we fought a lot. We went to marriage counseling, we talked seriously about separation several times, but we pulled through. We just had our 14th wedding anniversary, and he is officially working full time, while I am going to school full time and handling the kids.

I know many would say leave him, but I say you just really need to frame it out. If he can’t contribute to the family as a whole functional adult, then what does that really mean for you and your future?