Welcome To Our Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other
new moms and moms to be from around the world.

Forums Forums Group Forums Breaking Moms He quit his new job Reply To: He quit his new job

• lec61790

October 22, 2021 at 5:11 am

I’m really sorry. This sounds like an absolutely terrible situation. I know that leaving him and moving back with your parents is the consensus here and while I don’t disagree with it, I know that is a really difficult decision.

A few things — you don’t want to leave your dad in the lurch, since he is technically now on the hook for the apartment. Figure out what breaking your lease would mean and if you could find someone to take it over as a sublease. If it’s in a desirable area, your landlord may just let you peace out and keep your security deposit. You don’t want to get into a situation where your dad is now suddenly responsible for a years worth of rent, obviously.

Figuring out what to do with the apartment is step one. After that, I think either you and babe or the three of you (however you choose) should move back in with your parents.

If you aren’t yet ready to leave partner outright, he definitely needs some tough love. Maybe you and babe move back in with your parents and he has to figure out his own independent living situation.

Sending you so much love and support. This kind of shit is just the worst.

Here for you, bromo!