Did you know that your blood volume increases up to 50% during pregnancy?!? You will gain more than a litre of blood during that time.
All that extra blood is to support your growing baby. Your uterus grows so much and needs tons of blood flow to supply nutrients to the placenta and to your baby!
What are some common effects that this increase in blood flow has on your body?
- Headaches. More blood flow means more pressure in your system, including your head!
- Peeing more often. When you have more blood in your system, your kidneys have to filtrate more, which means more trips to the bathroom!
- Swelling! You have more fluid in your system so if you’re standing for a prolonged period of time it might start to accumulate
- Increased libido and more orgasms. This one isn’t true for everyone, unfortunately. Due to the increased blood flow, your clitoris is more sensitive and it’s easier to reach orgasm! Try it out if you don’t believe us. 😀
- Dizzy spells and fainting. A lot of blood is shunted away from your brain to your uterus and might cause you to feel faint or dizzy!🥴
- You’ll feel warmer and sweat more! Some feel like they are a furnace during pregnancy and they can never get the room cold enough!
Best tips to relieve all these issues caused by increased blood flow?
In all honesty, have your baby! Also, keep your feet up for the swelling and have lots of sex in cold, well air-conditioned rooms. 🤪
Originally posted 2021-04-12 15:01:54.